Please enter search keywords and click "Search". If you do not find the answer, please ask us for help
Why is my F2-210/F4-210 TNAS device “bricked” after TOS update?
The following is a known problem with model F2-210/F4-210:
After the TOS update, the TNAS PC desktop application cannot detect your TNAS device, all LED indicators are solid green, the power button is not working, and the device also cannot be detected after rebooting it without hard drives.
It’s possible that the kernel is incomplete because of the failed update.
Follow the instructions below to resolve this issue:
1. Download the following files:
For the 1 GB model: http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/firmware.img
For the 2 GB model: http://dl.terra-master.com/en/firmware.img
TFTPserver tool: https://dl.terra-master.com/en/tftpd.rar
2. Extract TFTPserver tool, the file name would be tftpd32.452.
3. Copy and paste firmware.img file to the root directory of tftpd32.452.
4. Connect your TNAS with your computer directly using the network cable.
5. Pull out all the hard drives from your TNAS device.
6. Change your computer’s local IP address to 10.18.13.134.
7. Double-click TFTPserver.exe to run it.
8. Short press the power button on your TNAS device to turn it on. The TFTP software interface will display the status of reading bar, indicating that the kernel is being installed.
9. Wait for 20 minutes to allow the installation to complete.
10. Your TNAS device will turn off automatically when the installation is finished.
11. Press the power button on the TNAS device and wait for about 30 seconds. The kernel is installed successfully if the power and LAN indicators are green and the HDD indicator is dimmed.
12. Connect your TNAS device to your router with a network cable.
13. Run the TNAS PC desktop application to search your device.
14. Follow the instructions to reinstall your TOS.